The Art of Rest and Self-Love

5:54 PM


Women can be such vicious creatures. I think alongside the natural care-giving and nurturing, there's this need to balance it out a little with some spunk. 

I'm joking, of course. 

Truly, though, women have such a way of being their own enemy. I do not understand the need to compare, compete and -- in the end-- feel the need to defeat. 

I am among the worst of those women. I do it the most to myself, and when someone steps in to take over the character-shaming and blaming, I welcome it with open arms. 

It seems counter-intuitive to have a persona that inflicts self-harm. However, the beauty in these circumstances are the surfacing of our redeeming qualities.

Take yesterday, for instance. My best friend in the whole world came by and just swept me off of my feet-- we spent the day in constant conversation, enjoying some scrumptious home food and getting well-deserved massages. 

It wasn't about the food, or the massages, or the running away that restored my faith in myself, though. It was the fellowship.

Time and time again I have found that when you've kicked yourself down low enough to not be able to get up and dust yourself off, you will have someone you trust to do it for you. 

In the same manner that women have a tendency to be vicious, they have quite the power to empower. 

I am so eternally grateful that God has given me such a support as the friends I have and the husband that I love. 

In other, less taunting days, I like to take a few other steps to care for myself:

Read the Scriptures and dwell in the presence of The Lord. There's nothing more powerful.

Take a hike! Sometimes you just need a little escape to re-gather your thoughts and regroup. 

Snag a cup of tea... or iced tea for this So-Cal weather. 

Get unplugged and journal my heart away. That means no phone or social media whatsoever

Take a nice, long bath. I truly make life-decisions in the shower!

What are some of your self-love routines?

Posts you might have missed...

0 comments

Disclaimer

All content is authored by myself. Time and dedication are carefully crafted into each post. Kindly link-back to content shared from this site.

Some hyperlinks from this site may be sponsored or affiliated and could result in commissions for myself.

I'm pretty laid back, so when in doubt, just ask! :)