True Story-- I Accidentally Planned My Own Proposal

6:25 AM



Since my wedding anniversary is coming up next week, I decided to share the awesome story of how I planned my own engagement... by accident.

First off, my husband and I actually got married in July of 2014. It was amazing and intimate: my parents, his parents, my sister, his brother and 2 of our best friends.

However, being Filipino, the small wedding did not fly so well. People had to be invited and they needed the whole charade. So we did. I'll share that story next week. ;)


My best friend, Krista, and I had been obsessed with Downton Abbey. It had been a crazy couple of weeks at work and I had missed my friends. I suggested to Krista that we have a Downton-Abbey-themed picnic at our local park and she agreed to help me host one.

Initially, we invited 10 people. We wanted to keep it intimate; we have a high-value for quality time. I should have caught on when people just kept coming up to me and inviting themselves to the picnic.

I guess I was too frustrated about the whole thing, and that was the perfect distraction. My in-laws even asked if it was okay for them to stop by. I had given up at this point and just let anyone come as they pleased.

Behind the scenes, everyone invited to the picnic knew I was going to get proposed to. I did not think to invite Nash as he had told me ahead of time that he had work, but he showed up in his scrubs "to say hello". 



We munched on cheese, crackers, lemon curd and berries, and enjoyed iced-cold Italian sodas. We talked, played music and enjoyed the beautiful Summer breeze. 

Little did I know that everyone was rehearsing a song behind my back, and some where on the look out for when Nash walked up to us. I even had a friend who brought her DSLR, stating that she wanted to practice her skills at life portraits. 


So, naturally, it was a shock to me when Nash had walked up all dressed up with his original composition and a whole entourage of singers to back him up.

I was utterly oblivious. I honestly do not remember most of his speech, but I do remember being dazed and speechless.


I obviously said yes. Obviously.

Posts you might have missed...

0 comments

Disclaimer

All content is authored by myself. Time and dedication are carefully crafted into each post. Kindly link-back to content shared from this site.

Some hyperlinks from this site may be sponsored or affiliated and could result in commissions for myself.

I'm pretty laid back, so when in doubt, just ask! :)